PgMP Certification Exam Prep Course | Boston | 2023
PgMP | Program Management Professional Training | 2023
The boot camp training runs on for a period of 3 days :
Days and hours : 3*8 hours/session
Program Management Professional (PgMP) ® is a credential offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) to the qualifiers of the PgMP® exam. It certifies the individuals as having the requisite experience in program management. It demonstrates their competency to oversee multiple, related projects in order to achieve the strategic goals of the organization.
To be more precise, as a program manager, you’re a senior-level practitioner at the forefront of advancing your organization’s strategic goals. You manage multiple, related projects in a coordinated way, achieving benefits that could not occur if the projects were handled separately. Your leadership is instrumental. With program management maturity, an organization’s projects are far more successful than without it — 76 percent compared to 54 percent according to the 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report. The Program Management Professional (PgMP)® is a visible sign of your advanced experience and skill which gives you a distinct advantage in employment and promotion.
PMI - PgMP® certification is an international, expert-level credential designed to ensure skills and knowledge required for Program Managers and a huge experience of Project Managers/Directors to deliver the strategic objectives which enhance business results. The PMI-PgMP® training validates work experience and knowledge of project risk management to manage multiple, related projects and navigate complex activities that span functions, organizations, regions or cultures and to align results with organizational goals. vCare provides a study guide for the PMI-PgMP® exam.
Our comprehensive workshop covers the Program Management processes and activities from beginning to end, honing your skills in the six prime focus areas: Governance, Prioritization, Escalation, Resource Management, Benefits Management, and Stakeholder Engagement. As a PgMP® credential holder, you will be able to promote better integration and coordination of multiple projects for the overall benefit of the program.
Gain and Maintain Your PgMP
- First phase of PgMP evaluation is panel review
- The certification exam has 170 multiple-choice questions, and you have four hours to complete.
- To maintain your PgMP, you must earn 60 professional development units (PDUs) every three years.
Phase 1: Program Definition:
Program Formulation/Initiation: Establishing program direction, defining the program scope and charter, defining accountability, roles and responsibilities, differentiating between program and project resources, establishing governance, tools, finance and reporting and identifying success criteria
Program planning: Interface and transition planning, planning program scope, schedule, cost, resources and quality, planning program communication, risk and procurement, integrating constituent project plans, determining program deliverables and tasks
Phase 2: Program Delivery:
Program Execution: Acquiring and developing the program team, performing quality assurance and information distribution, consolidating project and program data, monitoring program performance, chartering constituent projects, assigning project managers and allocating resources and establishing consistent project standards
Program Controlling: Controlling program risks, issues, communication and contracts, measuring benefits realization, forecasting simulated program outcomes, managing program-level issues and applying the change management plan
Phase 3: Program Closure: Closing components and contracts, comparing actual and planned quality, cost, and schedule values, executing the transition plan, initiating a benefits-realization measurement, releasing resources and reporting lessons learned
- What are Programs and how are they different from Projects?
- Relationships among Project, Program and Portfolio
- When do Programs arise and in which types of organizations are they predominant?
- How to undertake Program Portfolio Planning?
- Program Lifecycle Management
- Multiple Phases in Program Lifecycle
- Program Benefits Management Lifecycle
- Program Management Processes
- Program Management Knowledge Areas and Processes
- Development of the Program management Plan by integrating the Plans for Component Projects
- Component Transition Management
- Role of Project Health checks in Program Management
- Program Managerial skills – an overview
- The role of Program Management Office (PMO) in successful execution of Programs
- Roadmap for setting up and operationalising PMOs
Projects in the Program are oriented towards benefit conferment and development of the Organization. With a charter to enable and enhance the industry's competency level and maturity in Program Management, PgMP ® Certification Preparatory Workshop is designed to facilitate the participants to gain an internationally recognized certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI®), USA.
Is the PgMP course right for you?
- Are you finding it difficult to manage large number of related projects, its project managers and stakeholders in order to manage a program that you are leading?
- Are you finding it difficult in aligning organization strategic directives with program objectives and deliver benefits to the organization and your customers?
- Are you able to successfully manage stakeholder expectations representing people from different domains, expertise and hierarchy levels within internal/external organizations?
- Are you comfortable in managing program budget?
- Are you successful in managing program risks?
- Do you want to learn the best practices to manage a program of every domain, type, size and complexity that may be offered to you?
- Do you want to be a globally recognized and certified program management professional?
- Are you finding it difficult to govern projects and program?
Who Is This Course for?
- Program managers, Project managers
- VPs/AVPs, PMO / PMO consultants
- Anyone leading large-scale program
Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate degree)
6,000 hours of project management experience
10,500 hours of program management experience
6,000 hours of project management experience
6,000 hours of program management experience
Deliverables for Boot Camp:
- PgMP® Complete Reference Guide - based on The Standard For Program Management 4th Edition (SPMv4), PMBOK 6th Edition and PgMP® Examination Content Outline (ECO)
- 17 videos
- The Challenger - PgMP® Question Bank (Soft Copy - PDF)
- The Pathfinder - Mapping ECO Task and SPMv4 (Soft Copy - PDF)
- PgMP Mapping workbook
- Assist in completion of PgMP® application
- Assist during audit and panel review
- Personal coaching and mentoring at every step
- PgMP® Exam Prep Course Oriented Tips & Traps
- 48 PDUs /Contact Hours
This program management professional PgMP certification exam prep training course is scheduled to be held between 7 - 9 April 2023, Boston, USA.