PMI-ACP ( Agile Certified Professional)
Who can attend?
The PMI-ACP® recognizes knowledge of agile principles, practices and tools and techniques across agile methodologies.If you already use agile practices or your organization is adopting agile methods, earning the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) ® certification will demonstrate your knowledge of and commitment to this rapidly growing approach to project management.By earning the PMI-ACP® certification, practitioners can:
Demonstrate to employers their level of professionalism in agile principles, practices, tools and techniques.
Increase their professional versatility in project management tools and techniques.
Hold a certification that is more credible than existing offerings based only on exams or training.
PMI’s Agile Certified Practitioners (ACP) ® credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for agile project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMI-ACP ® demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct agile projects.
• Get an introduction to Agile principles and practices
• Learn how to mentor high-performance teams who deliver results
• Understand techniques for actively managing project scope and ensuring delivery of the best products possible
• Get familiar with new ways of managing project scope, schedule, budget and quality that are easily improved through effective Agile controls
• Learn to combine best methods from multiple Agile methodologies
• Use consistent cadence of “common sense” best practices in Agile
• Apply powerful metrics to ensure continuous improvement
• Learn about common pitfalls many teams fall into when adopting Agile practices
• Change "Command and Control" leadership style to the more powerful "Servant Leadership" method of management
• Respond to change quickly to seize competitive advantage
• Benefits of Agile and why Agile teams are significantly happier with their work
The target groups of the ITIL® Foundation Certificate are:
Individuals who require a basic understanding of the refreshed ITIL® framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation.
IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL®, who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement program.