A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) is PMI’s flagship publication and is a fundamental resource for effective project management in any industry. Over the years, business has changed considerably, but projects remain critical drivers of business success.
The book includes The Standard for Project Management. The standard is the foundation upon which the vast body of knowledge builds, and the guide serves to capture and summarize that knowledge.
PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition
Over the past few years, emerging technology, new approaches and rapid market changes have changed the world of work, driving the profession to evolve. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition has been updated to meet these challenges, better align to how people work today and help you be more proactive, innovative and nimble.
This edition of the PMBOK® Guide:
- Reflects the full range of development approaches (predictive, traditional, adaptive, agile, hybrid, etc.)
- Provides an entire section devoted to tailoring the development approach and processes
- Expands the list of tools and techniques in a new section, “Models, Methods, and Artifacts”
- Focuses on project outcomes in addition to deliverables
- Integrates with PMIstandards+™ for access to content that helps the user apply the PMBOK® Guide on the job
Including both The Standard for Project Management and the PMBOK® Guide, this modern edition presents 12 principles of project management and eight project performance domains critical for the effective delivery of project outcomes.