PgMP | Program Management Training | Richmond | Virginia
Program Manager | Boot Camp | Washington DC | 2020
PgMP® is a PMI offered certification conferred to the professionals who have the exquisite skill and knowledge in possession of leading programs under PMI standards. It is a globally recognized certificate that demonstrates your experience to renowned organizations. PgMP® increases your reputation to compete for higher roles in your organization and other firms. With program management maturity, an organization’s projects are far more successful than without it — 76 per cent compared to 54 per cent according to the 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report. This statistic shows the importance of PgMP® for a professional in the program management community.
Program Managers are expected to deliver the assigned program profitably. The organizations are also desperate to recruit a professional who can manage their program to meet the beneficial outcome. Considering these state of affairs, PgMP® can be a trump card to speed up your career towards a great future.
vCare Project Management provides boot camp training in combination with Group Mentoring Program for PgMP® aspirants. They are inculcated to upskill their knowledge in the field of Program Management. This training helps aspirants to pass the PgMP® in their first attempt with an above-target score.
The boot camp training runs on for a period of 3 days as mentioned below:
Day 1: Program Definition:
Program Formulation/Initiation: Establishing program direction, defining the program scope and charter, defining accountability, roles and responsibilities, differentiating between program and project resources, establishing governance, tools, finance and reporting and identifying success criteria
Program planning: Interface and transition planning, planning program scope, schedule, cost, resources and quality, planning program communication, risk and procurement, integrating constituent project plans, determining program deliverables and tasks
Day 2: Program Delivery:
Program Execution: Acquiring and developing the program team, performing quality assurance and information distribution, consolidating project and program data, monitoring program performance, chartering constituent projects, assigning project managers and allocating resources and establishing consistent project standards
Program Controlling: Controlling program risks, issues, communication and contracts, measuring benefits realization, forecasting simulated program outcomes, managing program-level issues and applying the change management plan
Day 3: Program Closure: Closing components and contracts, comparing actual and planned quality, cost, and schedule values, executing the transition plan, initiating a benefits-realization measurement, releasing resources and reporting lessons learned
- What are Programs, and how are they different from Projects?
- Relationships among Project, Program and Portfolio
- When do Programs arise and in which types of organizations are they predominant?
- How to undertake Program Portfolio Planning?
- Program Lifecycle Management
- Multiple Phases in Program Lifecycle
- Program Benefits Management Lifecycle
- Program Management Processes
- Program Management Knowledge Areas and Processes
- Development of the Program Management Plan by integrating the Plans for Component Projects
- Component Transition Management
- Role of Project Health checks in Program Management
- Program Managerial skills – an overview
- The role of the Program Management Office (PMO) in the successful execution of Programs
- Roadmap for setting up and operationalizing PMOs
Deliverables for Boot Camp:
- PgMP® Complete Reference Guide - based on The Standard For Program Management 4th Edition (SPMv4), PMBOK 6th Edition and PgMP® Examination Content Outline (ECO)
- 11 Pre-recorded videos
- The Challenger - PgMP® Question Bank
- The Pathfinder - Mapping ECO Task and SPMv4
- PgMP Mapping workbook
- Assist in completion of PgMP® application
- Assist during audit and panel review
- Personal coaching and mentoring at every step
- PgMP® Exam Prep Course Oriented Tips & Traps
- 26 PDUs /Contact Hours
+Blended Group Mentoring Program for PgMP®
The Blended Group Mentoring training is a well-structured program built for the aspirants to prepare for their PgMP® exam. Prerequisite for this program is you have attended our boot camps or previous mentoring programs.
This program preoccupies you with 6 two-hours sessions scheduled over a period of six weeks. Each session comprises of two chapters. Prior to each session, candidates are advised to watch the two videos, read the suggested material from The Standard for Program Management, Examination Content Outline (ECO), PMBOK® and other recommended books before rolling into the program. The participants are encouraged to discuss the questions, clarifications, case studies, tips and hints on the topics shared in the program.
We recommend our candidates to prepare for a period of six weeks without any interruptions. This rigorous training increases your chance of successfully passing the exam in around 6 to 8 weeks. PMI expects to hear a specific way of communication from the applicants. So the candidates are enlightened with critical inputs to speak in the PMI language.
This program covers all the program management domains on a regular timetable.
- Basic concepts to differentiate Program, Projects and Portfolio Management
- The Projects, Program and Portfolio Management ‘s alignment with organizational vision, mission, strategies, goals and objectives
- The interaction of domains and subdomains
- Strategic Alignments
- Benefits Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Program Lifecycle Management
This program manager PgMP program management training boot camp is scheduled to be held at Richmond, Virginia / Washington DC, USA between April 16 - 18, 2020.