SAFe Agile Certification | Training | Sydney
SAFe Agilist | Course | Scaled Agile | February | 2020
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is all about guiding enterprises in scaling lean and agile practices. It promotes alignment, collaboration and delivery across large numbers of agile teams. Developed by practitioners, SAFe leverages three primary bodies of knowledge: agile software development, lean product development, and systems thinking.
SAFe is designed to manage longer planning horizons. Whereas development teams typically work to two to three iterations ahead, larger organisations need to plan much further. Often they work with a very high level, 12 to 18-month roadmap, then plan collaboratively with the teams for three months of work.
The Leading SAFe® 4.6 course
During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe 4 Agilist (SA).
Attending the class prepares participants to take the exam and become a Certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
- Interpret the basic constructs of SAFe and the steps of the Implementation Roadmap
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Use transformational leadership to drive change, develop people, and encourage innovation
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive continuous value delivery through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
Who should attend
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- Introduction to Agile and SCRUM
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Creating high-performing teams and programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
Course fees includes:
- Attendee Workbook
- Preparation and voucher to take the SAFe® 4.6 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Full catering including proper sit-down lunch each day
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
Experience in Scrum
Name: SAFe 4 Agilist Exam
Format: Multiple Choice – 45 Questions
Pass Score: 34 out of 45 (76%)
Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
Exam to be taken within 30 days of course completion
Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
Number of Questions: 45
Passing Score: 34 out of 45 (76% passing score)
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
SAFe Agilist certificate
- SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned. Renewal Fee applies.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
This SAFe Scaled Agile Framework Certification training course event is scheduled to be held at Sydney, Australia between February 10-11, 2020.