Leading SAFe | Scaled Agile | 2021
Certified SAFe Agilist | Scaled Agile Framework | 2021
A Certified SAFe® Agilist (SA) is a Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) enterprise leadership professional who is part of a Lean-Agile transformation.
Delivery Mode – Online
Delivery Duration – 2 Days
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Lead the transformation to Business Agility with SAFe
- Become a Lean-Agile leader
- Explain the importance of the Seven Core Competencies of Business Agility
- Understand customer needs with Design Thinking
- Enable Agile Product Delivery
- Initiate Lean Portfolio Management
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
Key areas of competency
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in the enterprise
- Apply Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Plan and successfully execute Program Increments
- Execute and release value through Agile Release Trains
- Build an Agile portfolio with Lean-Agile budgeting
- Lesson 1: Thriving in the digital age with Business Agility
- Lesson 2: Becoming a Lean-Agile leader
- Lesson 3: Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Lesson 4: Building Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Lesson 5: Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Lesson 6: Leading the change
- Lesson 7: Becoming a Certified SAFe Agilist
Learners taking this course are:
- Program or Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- Team Lead
- Release Train Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Agile Coach
- Portfolio Manager
- Program Manager
- Change Agent
- Solution or Systems Architect
- Exam & Certification Details
Exam prerequisite skills
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe professional is to attend the Leading SAFe® course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Exam name –SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam
Exam format – Multiple choice
Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
Number of questions: 45
Passing score –SA5 = 35 out of 45 (77%)
Language – English
Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
Course materials – The course materials are an essential artefact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
What you get
Becoming a Certified SAFe® Agilist 5.0 requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders.
- Certified SAFe® Agilist 5.0 PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Agilist 5.0 digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
This online Scaled Agile Leading SAFe Training program for certified SAFe Agilist is scheduled to be held between July 24 - 25, 2021.